Albumin (Human) USP, 5%/25% Solution
Full Prescribing Information for Albuminar 5
Full Prescribing Information for Albuninar 25
Important Safety Information
Albumin (Human) 25% is indicated in the emergency treatment of shock due to burns, trauma, operations, and infections; in the treatment of severe injuries; and in other similar conditions where the restoration of blood volume is urgent.
- Natural plasma protein product
- Safe and effective therapy for over 50 years
- Plasma expansion and replacement - trauma, burns, and shock
- Conditions where restoration of blood volume is urgent
Safety at the Source
- Source plasma screening for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 1 and 2 and for other vial indicators, including markers for hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus
- 100% of plasma comes from repeat donors, who are routinely tested at the time of each donation
Effective Virus Inactivation
- Pasteurization (heat treatment in aqueous solution) at 60°C for 10 hours - a demonstrated viral inactivation method that inactivates lipid-enveloped and certain non-lipid-enveloped viruses
For intravenous administration
Albumin (Human) USP, 5% and 25%, Albuminar 5 and 25 are indicated in the emergency treatment of shock, burns, severe injuries, and in similar conditions where the restoration of blood volume is urgent. Albuminar-25 is also indicated in hypoproteinemia with or without edema. Albuminar-5 can be used in acutely hypoproteinemic patients, provided sodium is not restricted.
Diagnostic Codes (ICD-10-CM)
Billing Codes (HCPCS, NDC, CPT)
Important Safety Information for Albuminar 5 and Albuminar 25
Albuminar is contraindicated in patients with severe anemia or cardiac failure and in patients with a history of allergic reactions to human albumin.
Reports have been received of anaphylaxis, which may be severe, and hypersensitivity reactions, including urticaria, skin rash, pruritus, edema, erythema, hypotension and bronchospasm. Nausea, vomiting, increased salivation, chills and febrile reactions have also been reported.
Albuminar is derived from human plasma. The risk of transmission of infectious agents, including viruses, and theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob (CJD) disease agent, cannot be completely eliminated.
Please see the
full prescribing information for Albuminar 5.
Please see the
full prescribing information Albuminar 25.