CSL Issues “Our Corporate Responsibility 2014” Report
Led by CSL Behring performance, the company focuses on sustainable business practices, strong results to provide patients with lifesaving, life-enhancing therapies around the world.
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. — 04 December 2014
CSL Behring’s parent company CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) has issued its annual corporate responsibility report – “Our Corporate Responsibility 2014.” The report details the global biopharmaceutical company’s performance across key priority areas from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 – recording another strong performance led by CSL Behring.
The company has consistently achieved growth through the disciplined execution of its business strategy – investing in research and development to advance therapies for unmet medical needs, growing its core portfolio of products by expanding indications and markets, and a relentless commitment to productivity and efficiency.
CSL Limited CEO and Managing Director Paul Perreault emphasizes that people are the driving force behind the company’s strong performance. “People are our greatest asset, and the ability to create a safe and rewarding environment filled with opportunities for our people is critical. So, too, is our unwavering focus on placing the needs of patients at the core of all that we do.
"Ensuring we can continue to provide lifesaving and life-enhancing therapies requires us to believe, think and act in a responsible and sustainable way. I am pleased to introduce Our Corporate Responsibility 2014 report, which illustrates our ongoing commitment with tangible examples.”
Highlights of CSL’s economic, social and environmental performance include:
- Economic contribution direct to local economies of US$4.9 billion, a 5% increase on the previous year, including global community investment of US$32.8 million to patient, biomedical and local communities;
- Research and Development investment of US$466 million with more than 40 clinical studies in operation across the pipeline – 22 product registrations/indications for serious diseases in various markets, an increase on the previous year;
- 179 GMP regulatory audits of our manufacturing facilities with no impact on product marketing licenses;
- Second consecutive year of 7% growth in the total workforce, reaching 13,468 employees as of June 30, 2014;
- Health and safety performance saw lost time due to injury (LTIFR), lost days (DLFR) and incidences of medical treatment (MTIFR) reduced by 20%, 30% and 12%, respectively;
- Maintained compliance with environmental laws and regulations across global operations;
- Despite an expanding facility footprint, CSL experienced moderate increases in absolute numbers across environmental indicators;
- Commenced an enterprise-wide climate change risk assessment, taking into consideration updated observations and forecasts from the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
To view the complete “Our Corporate Responsibility 2014” report,
click here. CSL invites stakeholders to provide feedback on its report via an
anonymous survey (
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F839KMG). For the first 150 responses, CSL will donate US $50 per survey to the World Federation of Hemophilia.
About CSL Limited
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia,
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) is a global biopharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets biotherapies to prevent and treat rare and serious human diseases. CSL owns major facilities in Australia, Germany, Switzerland and the US, and employs over 13,000 people in more than 27 countries.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a leader in the plasma protein therapeutics industry. Committed to saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases, the company manufactures and markets a range of plasma-derived and recombinant therapies worldwide.
CSL Behring therapies are used around the world to treat coagulation disorders including hemophilia and von Willebrand disease, primary immune deficiencies, hereditary angioedema and inherited respiratory disease, and neurological disorders in certain markets. The company’s products are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation, burn treatment and to prevent hemolytic diseases in the newborn.
CSL Behring operates one of the world’s largest plasma collection networks,
CSL Plasma. CSL Behring is a global biopharmaceutical company and a member of the CSL Group of companies. The parent company, CSL Limited (ASX:CSL), is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.